Classes & Workshops
Ballet Coach and Choreographer Maria O'Malley is a passionate and experienced dance teacher. She tailors each session to age and ability and her classes are designed to inspire and develop dancers in the Classical Ballet technique.
Maria's personalised classes and workshops can be booked as single sessions or as a package to explore individual potential and to guide the dancers through their careers. Dance institutions, Ballet companies and private clients can contact Maria here to book their first session.
Online classes are delivered via Zoom anywhere in the world. In-studio classes can now take place in the following locations: London, Dublin and Barcelona (for other areas near these locations, please enquire here). All in-studio sessions must follow Covid-19 safety guidelines set by the government in each country.
Maria Ribo O'Malley
PDTD, RTS, ARAD, PBT
• Graduate (Full Scholarship) - The Royal Ballet School
• Royal Academy of Dance
Other Teachers and Mentors
• David Wall CBE, Azari Plissetsky, Leslie Collier CBE, Dame Merle Park, Jonathan Cope, David Drew, Betty Anderton, Katja Zbelobilova, Valentina Moukhanova-Zamuel, Jose Carreno, Debra Wayne, Rashna Homji-Jefferies, Dame Darcey Bussell, Dame Beryl Grey, Lynn Wallis OBE, Isabel Porcar, Maria de Avila.
• Professional Dancers Teaching Diploma (PDTD) - Royal Academy of Dance
• Classical Ballet Teacher's Diploma - Conservatorio Profesional de Danza de Madrid
• Registered Teacher Status (RTS) - Royal Academy of Dance
• Associate (ARAD) - Royal Academy of Dance
• PBT Certified Teacher - Progressing Ballet Technique
• First Artist of English National Ballet: soloist roles include Lead Swans, Princesses, Spanish Dance, Waltz and Queen in Swan Lake; Carabosse and The Duchess in Sleeping Beauty; Bathilde, Wilis and Myrtha understudy in Giselle; Rosalind Friends, Paris' Court and Lady Capulet in Romeo and Juliet; Arabian Dance and Mirlitons in The Nutcracker; Variation IV in Paquita; Stepsister and Spanish Princess in Cinderella; Maiden in The Rite of Spring; Dancer in Drink To Me With Thine Eyes Only and many more.
• Ballet Teacher - English National Ballet School, Dance Ireland, DT Dance, Arts Educational Schools London, Ballet4Life, Natalia Kremen Ballet School
• Guest Company Teacher - Ballet Ireland
• Choreographer - ENB Synergy Programme
• Co-organiser of Intensive Dance Week, London (2017) and Sitges (2019)
Awards and industry involvement
• Patron of DT Dance London
• Margot Fonteyn Award and Solo Seal Award - RAD
• Markova-Bagrit Award - The Royal Ballet School
• Former Circle Member - ENB